Subconscious Feelings Personality and Reactions
A person’s habits are revealed through the moon. What type of people a person prefers to be around, how one folds clothes, even how a person combs his/her hair – these are all unconscious choices that astrologers believe are ruled by the moon.
Moon in the Houses of Astrology
Clues about a person’s character can be revealed by locating the moon’s house position in an individual’s birth chart. The following is an examination of the lunar effect upon the 12 astrological houses.
- Moon in the First House – This individual’s ego will receive a substantial boost, despite any other factors in the natal chart. Many politicians have the moon in this house, it makes one very personable and one may hold a keen ability to read others. An awareness of personal appearance may also be prominent. This person would also do well to trust his/her instincts when entering a new environment.
- Moon in the Second House – The lifelong financial situation of this person may fluctuate. Finding a steady income stream may take effort, because this individual will be thrifty at one point, but then he may throw caution to the wind and overspend. If this person is not pursuing some sort of vocation, this person is apt to feel a real void, much more so than most people. Self-worth is often linked to career for the individual with a moon in the second house.
- Moon in the Third House – There may be a lot of communication with women with this house position of the moon. A vocation involving the written, or spoken word is also very likely for a person with the moon in the third house. There is a deep need to keep active, as there is a tendency to become restless.
- Moon in the Fourth House – This character has at least one parental figure, with a very strong influence. Home life will be extremely important to this person. So strong is the attachment to home, that there may be a desire to work from this location.
- Moon in the Fifth House – Some sort of showmanship is evident with the moon in the fifth house. A need to be the center of attention and an association with children is also present. He/she may influence children in some profound manner and will be generous towards them, with either time or gifts.
- Moon in the Sixth House – A sixth house moon may very well have a streak of workaholic in him/her. This individual is sensitive and considerate towards co-workers and truly enjoys serving others. Much worry surrounding work can develop, unless there is a conscious effort to leave work behind, when at home.
- Moon in the Seventh House – With the Moon in the house of relationships, this character, will try to avoid harsh personalities. An attraction to a mate that mothers him/her is common, along with a general position of dependency within relationships. This house position may also make this individual keenly aware of the public’s wants.
- Moon in the Eighth House – A person born with a eighth house moon, will tend to seek out relationships with people who can offer financial security, or resources. This person is apt to dig below the surface to find a nugget of truth. An insecurity regarding wealth, or the feeling of never having enough may exist. Inheritances may be prevalent with this moon position and extra care must be taken to avoid losing an inheritance.
- Moon in the Ninth House – This soul seems to be on a quest, or she may be eternally searching for some higher ideal. If a person’s moon is positioned in the ninth house, he may be attracted to some sort of organized religion and it’s common for this individual to place a great deal of emphasis on life after death. Teachers with a moon in this house often relate their own real life experiences to students.
- Moon in the Tenth House – With the moon in the tenth house, the charisma factor will be significantly elevated. Emotional satisfaction is derived from public attention and a devotion to to public accomplishments. Fulfillment is achieved when some sort of fame is attained.
- Moon in the Eleventh House – This individual needs a group of friends to feel emotionally whole. He/she may also have a many female friends, along with a talent of knowing what women want. This potential is there for sales of any kind to the female populace.
- Moon in the Twelfth House – This kind-hearted, soul will be drawn to those who are less fortunate in society and she will attempt to relieve them of their pain and suffering. With his own share of painful experiences, this person will pass on wisdom as preventive medicine to others. Many writers, social workers are found to have this house placement.
Position Makes a Difference
A person born with a quieter, secretive, moon in Scorpio, may become more open minded, if the moon is placed in the ninth house of freedom and accessibility. Ultimately, an astrologer must examine an individuals entire birth chart in order to get an accurate and complete assessment.