Estrogen Dominance Diet: Overcoming Estrogen Dominance Through Diet
Estrogen dominance can be caused by eating a diet high in xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogen is a man-made compound found in plastics, pesticides, food and other products. Because they mimic estrogen the presence of xenoestrogen can create a hormonal imbalance. Eating a nutritious diet with plenty of organic fruits and vegetables can help to naturally balance female hormones.
Estrogen Dominance Diet
The key to overcoming estrogen dominance through diet is to choose USDA certified organic foods, grown free of pesticides as well as naturally raised meats. How do you know if the food you are choosing is low in xenoestrogens?
- Shop Organic: Today, there are plenty of stores that specialize in organic products. The cost might be a bit higher, but the results are priceless. If you can’t find a store close to you, try the organic section of your local grocery store. Just make sure the products you choose say USDA Certified Organic. And don’t forget to check out your local farmers markets and farms. Buying local can help save the environment too!
- Counter Xenoestrogen:Eating the right foods can help you counter xenoestrogens you may have picked up through different products. According to Dr. C.W. Randolph, author of Hormone Hell diets high in citrus fruit, cauliflower, broccoli, and insoluble fiber can help cleanse your body of xenoestrogens.
- Avoid Plastics in Food Products:Dr. Elizabeth Smith writes that plastic water bottles, detergents, and even personal care products can contain xenoestrogen. Plastics are used as food containers as well. Canned foods are often coated on the inside with xenoestrogen causing products.
- Forget Factory Produced Proteins:Look for hormone free beef, chicken and pork from local farms and markets or organic grocers or co-ops. Hormones in beef is the biggest culprit when it comes to xenoestrogen in your diet. Eliminating food that raised using artificial growth hormones and steroids can help lower your xenoestrogen levels considerably.
- Stay Away from Processed Foods:Skip the fast food and limit the number of times you eat out. If you can’t see the food product label itself you can’t be sure it is organic. Also, diets high in fatty or fried foods create an environment where xenoestrogen builds up, instead of leaving your body.
- Try Natural Progesterone Cream: Sometimes, estrogen dominance is due to a lack of progesterone. To restore hormonal balance, use a natural product, such as one made with wild yams to create more naturally estrogen in your body.
Using Nutrition to Balance Female Hormones-Estrogen Dominance Through Diet
Keep in mind that your body will need some time to eliminate the xenoestrogens and to build up naturally occurring estrogen. However, choosing organic, hormone free, plastic free foods is an easy, natural way to avoid xenoestrogens and overcome estrogen dominance.